Home for children
A home for orphaned children and children passing through difficult family circumstances are protected in a familiar environment
• Education and children project
• We seek: enthusiastic volunteers
• Spanish level required: basic (level A2)
• Minimum time: 4 weeks
• Other requirements: none
• Location: Center of Cuenca
• Tasks: guide games and sports activities, help with cleaning, laundry and housework.
• Workdays: Monday to Friday and weekends. Monday to Friday 14: 00-17: 30. We appreciate volunteers also coming on weekend.
This home attends 24 children aged 4-14 years who are orphaned or are placed at this home because of abuse or neglect in their families. The house is run by Catholic nuns, but also has a social worker, two teachers, a cook and a housekeeper. Most children attend nearby schools. Some of the children have a mental or physical disability.
These are the activities:
•Organize games and walks in the city
•Help children with their homework
•Maintenance of the house and laundry
How can you help?
The activities depend on the skills of volunteers. You can help by organizing fun activities and games for children, you can go with the boys for a walk, for example, the park or the market, and help with their homework. Volunteers also help with cleaning and laundry. The house gladly receives donations of clothes, food and toys.
This project just requires a $50 administrative fee once. Additionally, we suggest you to do voluntary contribution for this organization.